For optimum performance, the WRCLA recommends that Western Red Cedar is pre-primed or pre-finished prior to job site delivery.
Factory-priming, as the name implies, is performed in an industrial setting where a machine coating process applies a coating to all six sides of each board. The coated boards are then dried prior to shipment to the job sites.
Benefits of Factory Finishing:
- the application of a uniform coating at the recommended coverage of the primer/stain to all six surfaces of each piece (face, back, edges and ends)
- a controlled environment to permit proper curing of the finish
- the wood with a coating to protect it from exposure to sunlight (UV degradation) and surface contamination by mildew and dirt
- an elimination of lap marks, streaks and shrink lines after installation
- an ability to install products at any time of the year
1407 Bandelier Road
P.O. Box 526
New haven, IN 46774
Toll Free: 800.255.7913
910 Sheldon Court
Kalamazoo, MI 49001
Toll Free: 800.782.7166
M-F: 8am - 5pm
Receiving hours M-F, 7:30am-3:30pm, first come first serve.